Its that time of year again. We all love to have festive gatherings and celebrations which can unfortunately pose hazards and cause anxiety and headaches for the sensitivities of our fur friends.
Pre planning is necessary to make sure all pets are safe and sound during the Christmas period, especially if you are heading out.
Possible hazards or concerns that require pre planning include:
- Noise sensitivities or phobias – fireworks and loud festivities
- Overindulgence, e.g. Christmas dinner or left overs
- Access to lollies and chocolate
- Access to the trimmings of the Christmas tree
- Exposure to new sights and sounds
- Escaping the confines of home or leaving home after a scare.
- Access to foods that they would not normally have.
Now is the time to make sure that your pets are:
- easily identified (collar with name, microchip contact details up to date)
- health checked prior to kennelling or leaving with a carer
- assessed for anxieties and phobias by our vets
Our vets and vet nurses are more than happy to discuss individual pet needs and concerns that you may have. Please phone and book an appointment with us.