Seeking Veterinary Care during COVID-19
Stage 4 Restrictions
Stage 4 restrictions are now in place for metropolitan Melbourne. Due to the high level of COVID-19 infection, Victoria has now been declared a state of disaster and further restrictions have now been put into place to reduce the number of people leaving their homes.
Forest Hill Veterinary Hospital remains an essential service and is permitted to continue providing services during this lock-down period. We have since put in place stricter guidelines to follow in order to maintain a safe environment for our clients and staff, but continue to work hard to ensure we are able to continue to provide our services.
We would like to say thank you for your continued support, patience and understanding during this time. We realise that because of the extra measures in place, our waiting times may sometimes be slightly longer than usual. Please be assured that your pet will always receive the same high level of care regardless of the circumstances.
We are trying to do our best to help achieve the best outcome for so many pets, and are always striving to provide the best service in a professional, efficient and caring manner.
- A curfew is now in place for metropolitan Melbourne and will be in operation from the hours of 8pm to 5am, with people only allowed to leave their home for four reasons – shopping for necessary goods, exercise, care and health care, and work. Taking your pet to seek veterinary treatment falls under ‘health and care.’
- Face coverings are now mandatory for all Victorian residents that are above 12 years of age.
- Metro Melbourne residents should avoid travelling further than 5kms from their home. Clients may travel further than 5kms for veterinary care or collection of supplies from a veterinary clinic.
- Only one person per household should be obtaining these services/products, with the exception of accompanying dependents (children or at-risk persons.)
Bookings / Appointments:
- If your pet requires veterinary attention/treatment, please phone us at the clinic for advice and we can make a plan
- We request only one owner pet with the exception of dependants come to the clinic
- Make sure you are wearing a face covering
- If your pet requires veterinary treatment and you are unwell, or have been asked to self-isolate and aren’t permitted to leave your home, you must let us know when you call – we will try and find a way to make other arrangements
Due to our lockdown measures and social distancing guidelines, we are currently limited to contactless consults.
- When you arrive in the carpark, please call us to let us know you are here, and remain in or near your car
- Please steer clear of standing around the front door
- Please adhere to social distancing at all times
- The consulting veterinarian will speak to you on the phone obtaining some information about your pet
- A vet or vet nurse will come out to your car to collect your pet.
- Your pet will be taken inside for a thorough examination, and if required, treatment then your pet will be returned to you at the completion of the appointment
- Any medication will be brought out to your car
- Contactless payment is preferred
- Payment will be finalised via the phone or using our EFTPOS machine out in the carpark if required
Collecting Medication and Vet Supplies:
- Please call the clinic ahead of time to order any prescription medication, food or parasite control so we can have them ready for you. We will SMS or call you back when your order is ready for collection.
- Payment over the phone is preferred.
- When you arrive for collection, please phone us from the carpark to let us know you are there, and we will bring it out to you. It is preferred, to open your car boot and we can place the items in it for you.